Still Standing: Album Review.

I haven't done an Album review in a really long time, lol. Anyway. Monica's new album Still Standing was released last Tuesday and before I begin, I have to congratulate her because her first week sales are predicted to be somewhere in the 165K-190K mark. She's never sold that many records before, at least not in the first week so that's big.
 
Since Monica's last album 'The Makings Of Me" was released she's been on a mission to Deliver a successful album. The album which hasn't even gone Gold, is Monica's worst selling album to date. You can imagine the anticipation of new material from the fans. Now she's back with an album that she states "Show's Her Growth & Maturity." With a Reality Show under her belt and appearances all over Georgia & a few other states this Album was set to do well from the get go. The album consists of 10 tracks, with songs produced by heavy weights Polow Da Don & Bryan Michael Cox. Other producers include Jermaine Dupri, StarGate, and Jim Jonsin. When I first heard the album, I was slightly satisfied. Most of the tracks I had heard early on, and others were just okay. As time went on, the album grew on me. Regardless to that, I still feel like the album is okay; I expected much more from Monica. My biggest issue was with the amount of Material on such an anticipated album, only 10 tracks? Her record label went wrong with that. Maybe they'll do with her what they're doing with Justin Bieber and release a Still Standing Part 2? Idk, anyway I feel like people have anticipated the album so much, they'll just take whatever she gives them. I can respect Monica's decision to keep doing the music she's always done, but with that I also feel like she shows no artistic growth. With this album she was so concerned about it being successful, she didn't feel like trying anything new. I feel like that's boring, & I am not saying she should go off & try to do no mainstream pop songs or something crazy like that, but what about something that'll show versatility in her voice? what about an alternative song? you know, I just feel like she's so scared to fail, she won't experiment with her Voice. She wants to make music that she made when she was 15, but she's not 15 anymore. Anyway, other Monica fans feel like "The Makings Of Me" was a better album than Still Standing. I honestly cant disagree or agree, im on the fence with that one. Anyway, I Give the album 3 out of 5 stars. I would've given it 4 out of 5 if she had more material. The album is good overall, go support it! I might not agree with all of her decisions on this album, but I can appreciate hard work at its best, and that's what this album is. Monica does not fail to prove she is Still Standing.


0 comments to "Still Standing: Album Review."

Post a Comment